Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Getting started with Swift

First - go to the Swift launch page, where it tells you to download Xcode 6 beta. You have to sign up to the developer program in order to get it (it's under iOS 8 beta).

Once you've signed up (and paid) you'll have to wait a little while for your acceptance to go through. For some reason I didn't get an email when it did, but it was under two hours so I just started reading while I waited.

As soon as your acceptance is through you can download Xcode - it's big 2.5Gig so you'll have time to at least read through the quick tutorial, then run the install which will take another age (the app finally ends up weighing in at over 5 gig)

I'm going to work through the book chapter by chapter, and post my thoughts and experiences as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment